Duration: Half Day
- 11:30 hrs – 1200 hrs: Pick up from any hotel within Sandakan or at our Sandakan office. Transfer overland to Nature Lodge Kinabatangan passing by small towns, oil palm plantation and the local villages. Most of the villagers are the Orang Sungei (derived from the Malay words, “the river people”). Their main source of living income is fishing and in time of low harvest, they build boat. Some of them working with the oil palm plantation companies or during the harvesting season in Gomantong cave, they work with the company appointed to harvest the swiflet bird’s nest. In some villages like Kampung Bilit, more and more villagers are directly involved in this new industry of tourism. A brief stop at Kota Kinabatangan, the nearest town from Nature Lodge Kinabatangan, to buy drinks and take photos.
- 1500 hrs: Arrive at Kampung Bilit jetty. Transfer to Nature Lodge Kinabatangan, just 3 minutes boat ride across the River. Upon arrival, our friendly staff will greet you and a welcome drink and some snacks will be served. Be at the jetty by 1600 hrs when our river cruise will commence.
- 1600 hrs: Put on your life jacket and start river cruising along Kinabatangan River in search for wildlife and birds-life. You can spot at least 6 different species of primates along the River including the Proboscis Monkeys, the Leaf monkeys, long and short tailed macaques, gibbons and even Orang Utan. During certain time of the year, you will also catch the Borneo Pygmy elephants at the riverbank. There will also be plenty of opportunities to see the white egret, oriental darter, rhinoceros hornbills and the buffey fish owl.
- 1800 hrs: By the time you get back to the Lodge, a sumptuous dinner will be waiting, set amidst the secondary forest of Kampung Bilit. After dinner, there will be a brief presentation on the wildlife in Kinabatangan area and also the conservation programme under taken by Nature Lodge Kinabatangan. You may want to contribute on the Voluntary Conservation Levy-VCL (RM20.00) which was initiated by WWF Malaysia and supported by the Kinabatangan-corridor of Life Tourism Association (KiTA).
- 2000 hrs: Your transfer will bring you back to your hotel within Sandakan, arriving at approximately 2200 hrs.
- Return land transfer
- Boat transfer as mentioned
- River cruise
Things to wear & bring
- Insect repellent
- 2 person