Have you ever tried white water rafting before? Why not join us and try rafting down Kiulu river. Kiulu White Water Rafting is a day trip experience that all family can enjoy. Classified as grade I – II rapids, this river provides an easier, safe, fun and enjoyable white water rafting trip in Sabah, Borneo. Kiulu river is located on the northwestern of Sabah in a small town Kiulu which is very popular its International 4M Kiulu Challenge tournament organized yearly.This tour is a perfect ‘warming up’ for the beginners (first timers) before attempting much more higher grade rivers. It is also suitable for thrill seekers preferring a mild rafting adventure whilst enjoying the picturesque. The excursion covers up to 15KM – duration 1 1/2 hours (especially when the water level is high), making it the longest white water rafting experience in Sabah, Borneo. While having fun and enjoyable moments, you can also relax your mind and soul with the beautiful enchanting scenery that you will see along the river.
- River class I – II
- Suitable for family trip and beginner paddlers (first timers)
- 15KM – the longest white water rafting trip in Sabah, Borneo
- Banana rapid, Wall rapid and body rafting area
- 0830hrs – Meet at hotel in Kota Kinabalu (KK) city and transfer directly to Tamparuli town. The journey takes approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes to finally arrived at starting point known as Pukak.
- 0945hrs – Start gearing up and followed with safety briefing session conducted by our professional river guide / raft master (20 minutes session)
- 1015hrs – Star rafting for about 1 hour and 30 minutes / 2 hours (depends on the water level condition). The furthest rafting distance is 15KM especially when the water level is high and 9KM of excursions at average water level.
- 1230hrs – Expected time to arrive at ending point, then a sumptuous lunch will be served.
- 1330hrs – On board coach and transfer back to your hotel of stay in Kota Kinabalu city.
- 1500hrs-1530hrs – Estimated time arrival in Kota Kinabalu city. Tour end
- Duration: Half day trip (8 hours)
- Operation: Opens daily (including Public Holidays)
- Group size: minimum 2 pax and above
Pickup and transport arrangement
- Our friendly tour guide / river guide will greet and meet you at the hotel lobby. Should you encounter difficulties in locating our representative, please call our hotline numbers given for further assistance.
- Please take note that all transportations will be based on Seat-In-Coach (SIC). This is a transfer service which guests may share the vechicle with other guests. This is also a Door-To-Door service with multiple pickups and dropoff throughout the journey. Do expect some delay or short waiting time.
- Return land transfer
- Safety & rafting equipments
- Liability release form (insurance)
- Buffet lunch (local menu) and light refreshment
- Tour guide / River guide
- Extra meals & drinks
- Any others not listed in the inclusions list
Things to bring
- Extra wear / cloths
- Comfortable shoes / slippers
- Personal toiletries
- Cap / Hat
- Sun block lotion
- Extra pocket money
- All participants MUST be physically fit
- Liability Release Form MUST be understood and signed by the participants before the trip commences
- Children below the age of 6 years old are strictly NOT PERMITTED to join Kiulu White Water Rafting tour
- Children above the age of 12 years old are considered as adult (rate)
- Children below the age of 12 years old – 6 years old are COMPULSORY to be accompanied by his/her parent or guardian
- Please let us know if you have dietary request, e.g. vegetarian
- Please provide passport number/IC number and full name for record, security and certification reasons
- Opens DAILY – including public holiday.
- One to go.
- Departs in the morning only.
- Physically fit.
- BBQ, land transfer, insurance, rafting equipment are included.
- Photos are available for sale.