Duration: Half Day Trip
Minimum: 2 pax
The village is located about 25 minutes away from the city. The journey will take you to long roads surrounded by a rich spectrum of greenery and overarched by wild blue skies. In the village, the colors of cultural diversity are not an issue but rather our pride, where you can savor the soul of Sabah.Upon arrival at the entrance of the village, you will be ushered to the warmth of different homes of the ethnicities of Sabah. Each home was built by descendants of the tribes they represent and offer you a truly genuine experience seeing everything in and around the village lends to its magical prowess of taking you back in time. Not only does this village portray these tribes through the architectural genius of their traditional houses, but also through a range of simulated lives of the olden epoch by the residents of the village. Acquaint yourself with each tribe as they let you come into their house and their simple yet intricate lives.As you traverse the village, you will find demonstration huts along the main houses in which daily activities of old times come into life. For example, the making of blowpipe, starting a fire (from bamboo tree – you will learn the steps of making fire without the help of a lighter), tattoo-making (and its symbolisms) and etc.By the end of your journey into the past, you have been given a setting for you to see, hear, taste and feel the uniqueness of what Sabah truly is.
* We provide three (3) daily scheduled arrivals; morning, afternoon and evening *
- Pick up from hotel / other designated places to the village. Upon arrival, there will be a welcome greeting or welcome ceremony (dinner only).
- Visit each tribe’s traditional house and do some in house activities and stopover at demo. huts. Proceed to cultural performance / pantomime show (evening only).
- You may leisure around for about 30mins. to shop or take photos.
- Enjoy delectable traditional and fusion cuisines for lunch / high tea / dinner before the end of the tour.
- Time to bid a primordial farewell to the village.
- Depart back to your hotel / designated place.