Duration: Day Trip (3-4 hours)
- Meet at hotel lobby and proceed to Monsopiad Cultural Village located approximately 20 minutes from downtown Kota Kinabalu.
- On arrival, register at the reception counter, meet the local guide for the village and proceed to the restaurant for a welcome drink.
- After the welcome drink, follow the guide to visit the various traditional farmhouses. In the farmhouse are displays of various tools, baskets, musical instruments and other everyday tools, food that the local natives use.
- Within the Monsopiad Village is the “Gintutun do Mohoing”, a stone monolith erected long ago, a silent witness to many legends of Monsopiad. Within it, is believed to dwell spirits from the past. Today, many people visit the stone for luck.
- The guide will explain the various houses, the materials used, the methods use to de husk the staple food “rice”.
- Finally visit the “House of Skulls” where the 42 skulls of Monsopiad enemies are kept.
- Proceed to the multi purpose hall to witness the “Cultural Dances Performances “.
- After the Cultural Dances Performance depart for Hotel in Kota Kinabalu. End of tour.
- Guided Tour Schedule : 10..00am,12.00pm,3.00pm & 5.00pm
- Cultural Dances Performance : 11.00am, 2.00pm & 4.00pm