Are you looking for some serious wet and wild fun? Then get ready to strap on your life jacket and safety helmet to experience the ultimate white water rafting in Padas river. Padas is muddy river situated in the interior of southwestern part of Kota Kinabalu that is only accessible by train. Classified as grade III – IV and claimed to have the best rapids in South East Asia, Padas river is a challenging adrenaline that you must go and try for! Thia adrenaline rush white water rafting trip covers a distance of 9KM and holds 7 tough exhilarating rapids! The rapids have amusing names such as Merry-Go-Round rapid, Break Point rapid, Scooby Doo rapid, Cobra rapid, Curve rapid, Lambada rapid and Head Hunter rapid. Each of the rapids will give you the feel and motion as what the name means. This trip is suitable for advance and skilled paddlers but we always welcome you as the first timer to join us!
- River class III – IV
- Suitable for advanced paddlers but we always welcome the first timer to join us!
- 7 exhilarating rapids – claimed to have the best rapids in South East Asia
- Colonial train ride
- 0530hrs – Meet at hotel in Kota Kinabalu city and transfer directly to Beaufort Railway Station. The journey takes about 2 hrs drive through the country.
- 0700hrs – Expected time arrival at Beaufort town.
- 0800hrs – Tour begins with the train ride to rafting starting point known as Pangi (1 ½ hrs 30 mins / 2 hrs ride and your belongings will be safely stored in the van).
- 1030hrs – Expected time arrival at Pangi Station. Light refreshment will be served and followed with a safety briefing session conducted by our professional river guide/raft master (20 mins session).
- 1100hrs – Experience the ultimate white water class III & IV and enjoy the extreme trip, nerve tingling excitement which is crescendos rapid after rapid till finally reach the ending point known as Rayoh (8 exhilarating rapids / 2 hrs or 10km of splashing fun).
- 1300hrs – BBQ buffet lunch will be served at Rayoh Station.
- 1400hrs – On board the train back to Beaufort Railway Station (1 ½ hrs 30 mins / 2 hrs ride).
- 1600hrs – Once arrived, get freshen up and get change. On board coach and transfer back to Kota Kinabalu city.
- 1800hrs – Estimated time arrival at Kota Kinabalu city.
Pickup and transport arrangement
- Our friendly tour guide / river guide will greet and meet you at the hotel lobby. Should you encounter difficulties in locating our representative, please call our hotline numbers given for further assistance.
- Please take note that all transportations will be based on Seat-In-Coach (SIC). This is a transfer service which guests may share the vechicle with other guests. This is also a Door-To-Door service with multiple pickups and dropoff throughout the journey. Do expect some delay or short waiting time.
- Return land transfer
- Safety & rafting equipments
- Liability release form (insurance)
- Buffet lunch (local menu) and light refreshment
- Tour guide / River guide
- Extra meals & drinks
- Any others not listed in the inclusions list
Things to bring
- Extra wear / cloths
- Comfortable shoes / slippers
- Personal toiletries
- Cap / Hat
- Sun block lotion
- Extra pocket money
- All participants MUST be physically fit
- Liability Release Form MUST be understood and signed by the participants before the trip commences
- Children below the age of 6 years old are strictly NOT PERMITTED to join Kiulu White Water Rafting tour
- Children above the age of 12 years old are considered as adult (rate)
- Children below the age of 12 years old – 6 years old are COMPULSORY to be accompanied by his/her parent or guardian
- Please let us know if you have dietary request, e.g. vegetarian
- Please provide passport number/IC number and full name for record, security and certification reasons
- Opens DAILY – including public holiday.
- One to go.
- Departs in the morning only.
- Physically fit.
- BBQ, land transfer, insurance, rafting equipment are included.
- Photos are available for sale.