Duration: Full Day
- 1330hrs Depart from Kota Kinabalu for Beaufort, two hours overland to the southern part of Sabah
- 1530 hrs Arrive at Garama River Lodge or Klias River some few kilometers away from the busy highway and are being transferred to the mangrove swamps forest filled with their own distinctive busyness and beauty.
- 1660 hrs On board a comfortable fiberglass boat for 1 ?hours river cruise in this red river (effect of tree’s tanine) surrounded by mangrove trees. Proboscis monkey can be spotted most of the time in the trees feeding on young leaves, shoots, sour fruits and seeds. Among others, you will have the opportunity to observe Macaque, the rare Silver Languor, Water buffalo crossing the river and variety of birds. You may also witness sunset while cruising back to the river lodge.
- 1800 hrs Upon arriving at the lodge, a sumptuous BBQ dinner served in buffet line to satisfy your hunger after the river cruising.
- 1830 hrs After dinner, a short walk to the swamp area to catch the glimpse of fireflies decorating the mangrove trees like a Christmas tree. After 10-15 minutes of firefly watching, it’s time to head back to Kota Kinabalu.
- 2100 hrs Estimated time of arrival in Kota Kinabalu
Things to bring:
- Sun block lotion, Insect repellent, Extra Clothes, Towel, Camera, Sunglass and loads of curiosity!